"Brothers and sisters, fill your minds with whatever is good and true, whatever is pure, whatever is noble and right, whatever is lovely, whatever is honorable and admirable, if anything is excellent or praiseworthy, think about such things. Put them into practice, and God -who gives us peace- will be with you." (Philippians 4:8)

"Thanks for the Gift: I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." (Philippians 4:13)

We must train our minds to think upon these positive and peaceful things. We must keep our minds protected, because the devil could take advantage of those vulnerable ones.

Monday, July 26, 2010

"Story of the Fire & Psalm 23."


"Story of the Fire & Psalm 23."
We live in a tower apartment building on the top floor overviewing the city lights.
The other week, I was composing a new poem in the computer room next to our dear furry friends, the cats. I had the PC screen, the speakers turned on and tuned to one of my favourite Radio Stations with Gospel music. Everything seemed peacefully until I smelt something burning.
I rushed to the living room and noticed a heavy cloud engulfing all corners. Then, I dashed off to the kitchen and shuddered in panic when I saw the dazzle of fire coming out of the electrical power source on the wall. I managed to open all windows, doors and called out for help.
I said, "Fire!! Help, please!!"
Some good neighbors came out straight away from their dwellings and helped us out. They called the Superintendant of the building, the Police and Fire Department. Some of them arrived all at once extinguishing the savage fire. They asked me questions about the event, and thanked me for being a good neighbor and a brave woman to have stayed with my animals at all times protecting them. They said that some folks would have only cared for themselves and might have left out the place on fire trying to save their personal lives. I said, "It would be selfish not to help your loved ones or others in need. If you love somebody, you should care for your beloved ones. I will never leave my loved ones behind. That is for sure."
I must admit that our dear Lord, Jesus Christ was with us at all times. He embraced me with His loving arms at the time I was scared in tears. He showed me the way to safety.
Thanks God nothing bad happened to us, and we continued with our daily lives in peace.
Praise the Lord!!
Thank you for reading this inspiring story!! I hope it helps you finding the way.
Starry.
Now, I shall include the Psalm 23 of the Bible that inspires me in times of troubles..
THE LORD, OUR SHEPHERD.
"The Lord is my shepherd;
I have everything I need.
He lets me rest in fields of green pasture and leads me to quiet pools of fresh water. He gives me new strength. He guides me in the right paths, as he has promised. Even if I go through the deepest darkness, I will not be afraid, Lord, for you are with me. Your shepherd´s rod and staff protect me.
You prepare a banquet for me, where all my enemies can see me; you welcome me as an honoured guest and fill my cup to the brim.
I know that your goodness and love will be with me all my life; and your house will be my home as long as I live."
These are the words of the Lord. AMEN.

No comments: