"Brothers and sisters, fill your minds with whatever is good and true, whatever is pure, whatever is noble and right, whatever is lovely, whatever is honorable and admirable, if anything is excellent or praiseworthy, think about such things. Put them into practice, and God -who gives us peace- will be with you." (Philippians 4:8)

"Thanks for the Gift: I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." (Philippians 4:13)

We must train our minds to think upon these positive and peaceful things. We must keep our minds protected, because the devil could take advantage of those vulnerable ones.

Monday, May 23, 2011

"My Lighthouse at Sea."







"My Lighthouse at Sea."



God's assurance. (Isaiah 41: 9-13)

"I brought you from the end of the earth; I called you from its farthest corners and said to you, "You are my servant." I did not reject you, but chose you. Do not be afraid. I am with you!! I am your God, let nothing terrify you!! I will make you strong and help you; I will protect you and save you. Those who are angry with you will know the shame of defeat. Those who fight against you will die and will disappear from the earth. I am the Lord your God; I strengthen you and say, "Do not be afraid; I will help you." The words of the Lord in the Scriptures. AMEN.


Dear Readers and Dear Child of God,

I have written a poem dedicated to you, as an inspiration that comes from within my heart.

I called it: "The Lighthouse at Sea."


Breathless in the view of His Holy presence,

I struggle and try to keep afloat.

My vessel dwells in a sea of agony,

And I don't lose hope even under the ebony sky.

Emerald stars are the beauty of His eyes,

In melancholy oceans that reflect

The crystal depth of His Holy thoughts.

Wrap yourself in His arms in deep calmness

And blend into sweet dreams on a bay...

No one will ever be able to take away

That kind of peace inside your soul.

Take Jesus within you and feel the touch of Heaven!

The light of our Lord inside me

Is my only lighthouse at sea.

Dark evil spirits may engulf my poor soul.

They pelt me with stones with their words.

I cry out for help!! Shine Jesus, shine on me!!

The Lord is my Shepherd, my refuge and rock,

My shelter in the darkest night,

My best friend, my spiritual food and light.

Shine Jesus, shine on me!!

The Lord is my lighthouse at sea,

And that is all I need to live in Eternity.

Poet Starry Dawn.

Thank you in advance for visiting My Monthly Newsletters!! The Links are:

My Poetry Blog:


My New Journal Blog:


My Inspirational Site:


CHRISTIAN POETRY in an American Website with amazing Video-Poems with Music, and inspirational Christian messages at:



















6 comments:

child of God said...

Hi Starry Dawn,

This is a beautiful poem! :) And you dedicated it to us readers! You are a very sweet and kind hearted women. I see a very giving spirit and one that is gentle and soft.

Jesus! Jesus! Jesus! He is all we need. He is eternal and He will shine out of us, if we will only let Him.

I see Him shining from you! What a gift you have to be able to put what is in your heart onto paper.

Thank you for sharing this wonderful poem.

Hugs,
<><

child of God said...

Hi Starry Dawn,

May I have permission to print this out and put it on my fridge? I promise, only my fridge.

Blessings,
<><

PJ said...

Hey Starry Dawn! Thank you for stopping by and commenting on my Bible Challenge.

What a beautiful poem Starry Dawn.You definitely have a way with words.

God Bless!
PJ

PJ said...

Hey Gal! It's me again! I meant to tell you that your header has one of my FAVORITE Bible verses on it. When I get upset or depressed I turn to that verse and it helps me out of my mood.

God bless,
PJ

Loree Huebner said...

This is a beautiful post. Love your writing.

I love lighthouses too!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful lighthouse photos and poem.

God bless you Starry Dawn and have a great memorial Day weekend :-)