"Brothers and sisters, fill your minds with whatever is good and true, whatever is pure, whatever is noble and right, whatever is lovely, whatever is honorable and admirable, if anything is excellent or praiseworthy, think about such things. Put them into practice, and God -who gives us peace- will be with you." (Philippians 4:8)

"Thanks for the Gift: I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." (Philippians 4:13)

We must train our minds to think upon these positive and peaceful things. We must keep our minds protected, because the devil could take advantage of those vulnerable ones.

Monday, May 24, 2010

"SPIRITUAL WEALTH."


"SPIRITUAL WEALTH."

Life is not a bed of roses, nor a bowl of cherries. At times, it takes a brave heart in order to face the hard blows that one has to endure, for life is not easy if one has to roam out there looking for a place to stay and something to eat...
After my separation from my child´s father in New York, I had no other choice but to return to my mother´s home in order to provide the best care for my little daughter´s sake. Unfortunately shortly after my arrival, my mom passed away.
I indeed, spent many years abroad teaching American English to foreign learners after my dear mom departure from this world into Eternity. I had to encounter raw experiences trying to survive in the asphalt jungle, so that I had been exposed to seeing unpleasant things in my surrounding as an eyewitness.
Being a long-suffering patient of asthma and allergy, a victim of mental cruelty and a savage, appalling domestic violence with a history of abuse, and facing the fact of becoming a single parent in New York at a young age, I had to struggle to make ends meet and provide the best care for my only child. I did my best for my beloved ones, I must admit. My dear family left all their belongings and properties to me making our lives a little easier at last.
Then, immortal sores and memories have been left alive in my heart.
My parents and aunts helped me with the upbringing of my only child. So when they grew into an old age, I took care of my dear father and aunts in their illness and elderly years until the Lord called them to His Heavenly final home.
At times, I saw spiritually dead people bragging about their high morals, but they had done evil deeds for real, instead of proving their honest hearts with good examples of trustworthy Christian lives. We should become the perfect role model to follow with our example of living.
Paul´s Prayer. (Ephesians 1: 15-23)
"For this reason, ever since I heard of your faith in the Lord Jesus and your love for all God´s people, I have not stopped giving thanks to God for you.
I remember you in my prayers and ask God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the glorious Father, to give you the Spirit who will make you wise and reveal God to you, so that you will know him. I ask that your minds may be opened to see his light, so that you will know what is the hope to which he has called you, how rich are the wonderful blessings he promises his people, and how very great is his power at work in us who believe. The power working in us is the same as the mighty strength which he used when he raised Christ from death and seated him at his right side in the heavenly world. Christ rules there above all heavenly rulers, authorities, powers, and lords; he has a title superior to all titles of authority in this world and in the next. God put all things under Christ´s feet and gave him to the Church as supreme Lord over all things. The Church is Christ´s body, the completion of him who himself completes all things everywhere."
Thanks for reading!!
God bless!!
STARRY DAWN.

No comments: