"Brothers and sisters, fill your minds with whatever is good and true, whatever is pure, whatever is noble and right, whatever is lovely, whatever is honorable and admirable, if anything is excellent or praiseworthy, think about such things. Put them into practice, and God -who gives us peace- will be with you." (Philippians 4:8)

"Thanks for the Gift: I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." (Philippians 4:13)

We must train our minds to think upon these positive and peaceful things. We must keep our minds protected, because the devil could take advantage of those vulnerable ones.

Friday, November 13, 2009

HOPE.


HOPE.


Bible Verse. (Romans 15:13)

"May God, the source of hope, fill you with all joy and peace by means of your faith in Him, so that your hope will continue to grow by the power of the Holy Spirit."


To be hopeful in bad times is not just foolishly romantic. It is based on the fact that human history is a history not only of cruelty, but also of compassion, sacrifice, courage, kindness and so on. What we choose to emphasize in this complex history will determine our lives. If we see only the worst, it will destroy our capacity to do something. If we remember those times and places where people have behaved magnificently, this will give us the energy to act, and at least the possibility of sending this spinning top of a word in a different direction. And if we do act, however, in a small way, we won´t have to wait for some grand utopian future.

The future is an infinite succession of presents, and to live now as we think human beings should live, in defiance of all that is bad around us, it´s itself a marvelous victory.

Do not ever lose hope!!!...

Look not mournfully into the past, for it won´t come back again. Wisely improve the present, and go forward to meet the shadowy future without fear.

Life is the ultimate adventure because in the jungles of time and space, our thougths become things and dreams do come true. There will always be challenges that have manifested, and dreams that haven´t. But they´ll always pale in comparisson to the number of dreams that have manifested, and challenges that haven´t.

I learned the most important lesson of my life that the extraordinary is not the birthright of a chosen and privileged few, but of all people, even the humblest. That is my one certainty: we are all the manifestation of the divinity of God.

Don´t be afraid to do what is right, especially when the welfare of a person or an animal is at stake. The punishment of our society is small compared to the wounds we inflict upon our soul when we look the other way.


TODAY´S PRAYER.

Dear God, forgive me!!

I walk on space, on air so thin, I fear to fall.

Dear God, forgive me for my fear to love, for being so small in a world so big. Please, dear Lord, forgive me for not wanting pain, for seeing it first before joy. I know, sweet Lord, I shouldn´t look first at how easily I bruise or harden my shell to an outside touch, or hide within myself, or stare with dead eyes.

Dear God, please forgive my fear of reaching out over empty spaces, for taking all the love you give and giving nothing in return.

When next I shy, nudge me to try; when next I sigh, nudge me to smile; when next love needs, steady my feet that I may be here to brave my fear.

On the Altar, I leave my prayers. In Jesus´most Holy Name, I pray. AMEN.


I don´t write on daily basis, but I write for the love of words, for communication with others worldwide and the joy of self-expression.

If you want, you may visit all MY BLOGS at the following LINKS:




In the Garden of God,

Starry Dawn.

No comments: