"Brothers and sisters, fill your minds with whatever is good and true, whatever is pure, whatever is noble and right, whatever is lovely, whatever is honorable and admirable, if anything is excellent or praiseworthy, think about such things. Put them into practice, and God -who gives us peace- will be with you." (Philippians 4:8)

"Thanks for the Gift: I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." (Philippians 4:13)

We must train our minds to think upon these positive and peaceful things. We must keep our minds protected, because the devil could take advantage of those vulnerable ones.

Monday, November 30, 2009

"When it comes to choices, I choose LOVE."




"When it comes to choices, I choose LOVE."

This topic has been shared with me. So, I would like to share it with you today.
So many roads, so many choices, and it seems like I have chosen them all in this short life.
Sometimes, I have chosen pain. I chose to let it sting me like the barbs of a nettle or an old wire fence. I chose to bleed. I chose to let the CD player of my mind run on one track all day, trying to hurt away the hurt.
Many times I chose fear, chose to shrink away from the world cloaked only in thoughts of disapproval, of not being good enough.
But today, I have no time for pain. I have no time for fear. Don´t get me wrong!! It´s not because there are not things to hurt about or people who will disapprove. But because I know now, that there is always another road. A road which I would much rather walk.
So today, I choose peace. I choose to not judge the world, the people in it or the things that happen to me as good or bad. But simply to know that on a far deeper level than I can ever be aware, I am safe. I am held, and I am worthy.
I choose to honour my body. Not only with good food, mindful eating and exercise. But also to remember that we are sensual beings. I´ll comfort my eyes by finding something beautiful in each thing I see. I´ll caress the world with my hands, embrace it with my mind.
And throughout this day, I´ll continue to make affirming choices.
I choose to dance, to let joy take me over completely and not worry for one moment about the ones who might see or judge.
I choose to breathe. I choose to breathe life in and let it breathe me in.
I choose to laugh, loud and long. At the world but mostly at myself for all the times I have taken life so seriously.
And most of all, I CHOOSE LOVE. I choose to love myself. I choose to let friends become my love. And when I walk into the world and see discord, I´ll look harder. I´ll look for beauty. I´ll look for peace, and I´ll find it. But when I meet hatred, I´ll open my heart so wide and let the sea of my love wash over it until it melts away.
And when I see a man, woman or child in pain, I shall use my life´s energy to bring whatever healing I could give. If I can´t heal their pain, I´ll kneel down and wash their feet for their comfort.
Today is a new day, and I CHOOSE LOVE.

No comments: