"Brothers and sisters, fill your minds with whatever is good and true, whatever is pure, whatever is noble and right, whatever is lovely, whatever is honorable and admirable, if anything is excellent or praiseworthy, think about such things. Put them into practice, and God -who gives us peace- will be with you." (Philippians 4:8)

"Thanks for the Gift: I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." (Philippians 4:13)

We must train our minds to think upon these positive and peaceful things. We must keep our minds protected, because the devil could take advantage of those vulnerable ones.

Monday, August 3, 2009

"EMERGENCY LANDING."


EMERGENCY LANDING.


Jesus concluded, "Be on your guard, then, because you do not know the day or the hour." (Matthew 25: 13)

"Trust in the Lord with all your heart. Never rely on what you think you know. Remember the Lord in everything you do, and He will show you the right way. Never let yourself think that you are wiser than you are; simply obey the Lord and refuse to do wrong. If you do, it will be like good medicine, healing your wounds and easing your pains." (Proverbs 3: 5-8)

A few months ago, we were flying from South America to New York to meet my dear folks in a family reunion, and I was very happy about it. After a while of flying time, on the flight to New York, the people in the plane were noisy. So, noisy people bothered me. I tried to remain calm though. I noticed the flight attendants whispering among themselves. They looked concerned as if something was going wrong. I looked out the window and noticed a dark black cloud embracing the plane as if it would devour the aircraft at one single blow. I thought the devil would be out there playing his tricks and putting another curse on us.

Shortly after that, the pilot of American Airlines came on the public address system. The pilot announced very calmly, "Please pay careful attention. We have received notice that the plane is experiencing electrical troubles in its engine, and it is unable to go any higher. I can´t go any further than this, so we´ll go back to the port of departure. I would have to make an emergency landing. However, before doing that, I must dump most of its oil into the Atlantic Ocean. You´ll hear strong noises and movements as the oil comes out of the aircraft. We´ll be flying round the ocean for a couple of hours. Please, remain in your seats calm."

The passangers on the plane became very quiet. The incessant, loud chatter turned to silence. Everyone was deep in thought, evaluating their lives, no doubt. I know I was. My first thought was, "Well, Lord, maybe I´ll see You today. That would be wonderful." I had such a calm and peaceful spirit. This is the blessing of knowing God personally and being in the center of His will. There is no fear in facing Him. In fact, great joy will fill your heart at the thought of seeing Him soon. The safest place for any person is in the center of God´s will. I experienced this truth that day. But even during the time of wondering if the plane might be blown to bits, I felt safe. I was exactly where God wanted me to be.

"God has always been your defence; His eternal arms are your support." (Deuteronomy 33: 27)

Father, thank You for giving us peace, Your perfect peace. AMEN.

Have you ever had a life threatening experience??...

Although we usually think that we will live until we are at least 80 years old or even older, a plane crash or a car accident, a disease, war or a natural disaster could end our lives suddenly.

Do you have the assurance that you will go to Heaven when you die??

You can be sure if you are sincere that you would like Jesus Christ to forgive your sins, direct your life and show you the way. You can receive Christ right now by faith through prayers. Praying is simply talking to God. God knows your heart, and He is not concerned with your words as He is with the humble attitude of your heart.

Let us pray now...

Dear Lord Jesus, I want to know You personally. I am sorry if I´ve said, thought or done things that were not pleasing You. Thank You for dying on the cross for my sins. I open the door of my heart to You and ask You to come in as my Lord and Savior. Please, take control of my life and show me the way. Thank You for forgiving my sins and giving me eternal life. Please, bring Your perfect peace to my world, the way only You and You alone can bring, and make me the kind of person You want me to be. I´ll always praise and glorify Your Almighty Name, Father.
In Jesus´most Holy Name, I pray. AMEN.

If this prayer expresses the desire of your heart, pray it and Jesus will come into your life as He promised. If you have invited Jesus into your life, praise His grace and glory, and thank Him daily for His blessings in your life. Then, He will never leave you, and you will have eternal life.

Part of this message has been shared with me. So, I´ll share it with you all.

My own story with the emergency landing has certainly been my personal experience.

Thank you in advance for reading!!

Starry.
If you want, you may visit all my blogs at:

No comments: