"Brothers and sisters, fill your minds with whatever is good and true, whatever is pure, whatever is noble and right, whatever is lovely, whatever is honorable and admirable, if anything is excellent or praiseworthy, think about such things. Put them into practice, and God -who gives us peace- will be with you." (Philippians 4:8)

"Thanks for the Gift: I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." (Philippians 4:13)

We must train our minds to think upon these positive and peaceful things. We must keep our minds protected, because the devil could take advantage of those vulnerable ones.

Saturday, August 1, 2009

"We trust in the power of the Lord."




We trust in the power of the Lord.
DO NOT CARRY YOUR HEAVY LOADS AND BURDENS ANY LONGER!!
At dawn, the morning breaks with its most exquisite and tangible delights showing mother nature in its perfection. I write my little share or dash on the screen board. The magnificent view from my tower dwelling makes me explore another corner of my mind. I wish I could write more often. I always try to find solace and a quiet moment. At times, I am unable to find it. I am not dishearted although I don´t enjoy a full state of freedom. We surely carry our heavy loads and burdens in our lives, but the Lord helps us if we believe and trust Him. The true fact is that the Lord lives in my heart. He is the source of my existance and the essence of my inspiration.
We live in a material society, and we have to deal with it on daily basis. Can we trust people?? This question is a thorn in my heart. Unfortunately, the devil is out there waiting for someone to devour. The devil takes advantage of the situation using all kind of tricks, like cheating and lying, throwing thousand arrows to steal our joy, to destroy peace, mankind and the beautiful things in the world. The devil uses all kind of instruments to reach his deadly evil goals.
How do we protect ourselves from such evil powers?? How do we notice the devil´s presence??... We may notice the presence of the devil just by seeing his deadly evil deeds instead of goodness.

Christians should call the Lord for help right away!! We desperately need God in our lives, for He has given us a job to do while we are in this earthly dwelling. So, we may surrender ourselves under His feet for His protection and guidance. Let our dear Lord Jesus Christ take control of our lives. We come to God in a humble way, for we are nothing without Him but dust in the wind. Please, Almighty Father, show us the way!!

"Trust in the Lord with all your heart. Never rely on what you think you know. Remember the Lord in everything you do, and He will show you the right way. Never let yourself think that you are wiser than you are; simply obey the Lord and refuse to do wrong. If you do, it will be like good medicine, healing your wounds and easing your pains." (Proverbs 3: 5-8)
If you realize somehow that there are many or some people who don´t like you or hurt you in one way or the other or make you feel miserable to the point that you think they hate you, call the Lord in prayers for help. The Bible is a real source of wisdom.
Morning Prayer for Help.
"I have so many enemies, Lord, who turn against me!! But You, Oh Lord, are always my shield from danger; You give me victory and restore my courage. I call to the Lord for help, and from His sacred hill He answers me. I lie down and sleep, and all night long the Lord protects me. I am not afraid of the thousands of enemies who surround me on every side. Come, Lord!! Save me, my God!! You punish all my enemies and leave them powerless to harm me. Victory comes from the Lord, may He bless His people." (Psalms 3: 3-8)
A Prayer for Justice.
"Oh Lord, my God, I come to you for protection; rescue me and save me from all who pursue me... Rise in your anger, Oh Lord!! Stand up against the fury of my enemies; rouse Yourself and help me!! Justice is what You demand, so bring together all the people round You, and rule over them from above. You are the judge of the whole human race. Judge in my favour, Oh Lord; You know that I am innocent. You are a righteous God and judge our thoughts and desires. Stop the wickedness of evildoers and reward those who are good. God is my protector; He saves those who obey Him. God is a righteous judge and always condemns the wicked. If they do not change their ways, God will sharpen His sword. He bends his bow and makes it ready; he takes up his deadly weapons and aims his burning arrows. See how wicked people think up evil; they plan trouble and practise deception. But in the traps they set for others, they themselves get caught. So they are punished by their own evil and are hurt by their own violence.
I thank the Lord for His justice, I sing praises to the Lord, the Most High." (Psalms 7: 6-17)
Let us pray...
Dear Lord Jesus, I want to know You personally. Thank You for dying on the cross for my sins. I open the door of my life to You and ask You to come in as my Lord and Savior. Please, take control of my life and show me the way. Thank You for forgiving my sins and giving me eternal life!! Bring Your perfect peace to my world, and make me the kind of person You want me to be. In Jesus´name, I pray. AMEN.


God bless!!
In God´s garden,
Starry Dawn.

No comments: